
Even though Caleb's not in "real" school yet, the new school year brings lots of changes for us. Several of his therapists are either parents (so their schedules change to accommodate their own kids) or they work part-time in the schools. It's always crazy trying to piece together Caleb's schedule into something that works for us. What we've got going now seems pretty good, though we did have to give up some fun stuff like story time at the library. I'm still working part-time while Caleb goes to Mother's Day Out on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Caleb does speech therapy first thing on Monday mornings, before we go to work and MDO. On Tuesdays, Caleb has PT and OT. We also try to run errands or go to the park on Tuesdays. On Thursdays, Caleb does PT in the morning and then we head to the church so that I can participate in a Bible study. Caleb gets to play with his friends in the nursery while I take a couple hours to study and fellowship with other young moms at my church. Our Thursday afternoons look different from week to week. Sometimes we have an extra session of PT or speech, and sometimes we just enjoy some play time at home. Now that the weather is cooling down, I'm hoping that Thursdays (after nap) will be a good opportunity to go to the zoo.
Brad and I have talked about how we'll have to take a serious look at Caleb's busy therapy schedule (and therefore my busy schedule) as we get closer to Baby #2's arrival. I don't want to cut back on any of the things we're doing, but I know that we will probably need to. Caleb is in what we've been calling a " developmental explosion" lately. For now, I'm going to focus on all the exciting new things he's doing/saying each day, and we'll figure out the rest as we go.
As for other changes...
Baby #2 is growing and making his presence known. The baby bump is starting to become noticeable to more people than just me. Brad got my maternity clothes out of the attic a few days ago, and I plan to get them washed and ready to wear sometime within the next few weeks. The baby is moving around a lot, and I feel him a little more each day. If this little guy is anything like his older brother, he will soon figure out that it's "fun" to get really active or have hiccups right as I'm ready to go to sleep.
And my younger brother is gone for at least a year. We spent this past weekend with him in Texas and took him to the airport on Sunday. After a month of training, he will head to east Africa with the Navy Reserve. We're sad to see him go (even though he's excited about it!) and can't wait for his return sometime next fall.

No comments:
Post a Comment