Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Gift Giver

There's a new childrens book this Christmas season, and I'm loving it! I don't even remember how I heard about it, but I ordered it weeks ago and patiently waited for it to arrive a few days after Thanksgiving (it was on backorder at the time). Anyway... the book is called The Gift Giver. The beautifully written story explains how Santa Claus and his gifts are a representation of God and His gift to us, Jesus Christ. And the illustrations are absolutely breathtaking. I've always thought Polar Express was the most beautifully illustrated book, and I think The Gift Giver is equally stunning. 

Caleb and Tyler aren't old enough yet to really be into Santa or understand the true meaning of Christmas, but I hope that this book will help keep the holiday in perspective for them (well, for all of us) as they get older. 

It might be too late for you to get this book and read it to your kids this Christmas, but you can order it now and have it ready for next year!

The Gift Giver website - read more and order here!

Or order on Amazon.com!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's some high praise, thank you so much! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed The Gift Giver. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete