Four years ago, I had no idea that this day existed. And this year, I found myself perfectly balancing our normal routine and taking some time to celebrate Caleb and this community of individuals my precious boy introduced me too.
Selfie with Mom before pre-k
Caleb spent the day as he does most Mondays... pre-k, a visit to Gigi's house and swim lessons.
For the last few months, I've been on a committee that was planning a luncheon for World Down Syndrome Day. Sean McElwee is a 22 year old self advocate from California and is on A&E's series, Born This Way. He was the keynote speaker at our luncheon! I was so excited to meet Sean and his mom, Sandra. I had so many questions to ask Sandra since she's 19 years ahead of me in this journey... but I totally forgot them all in that brief moment. Oh well. It was still great to meet them, and I can't wait for the second season of "Born This Way" to air this summer!





No comments:
Post a Comment