Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Potty Time

I just looked back through recent blog posts and can't believe I never posted anything about potty-training Caleb! Caleb wasn't ready to potty-train at the typical 2-3 year old timeframe, but he started showing a few "readiness" signs right before his fourth birthday. So over fall break in mid-late October, Caleb and I got busy with our own little "potty boot camp". He did great and has been in "undies" ever since. He still has the occasional accident, but I'm so happy with how well he's doing.

Tyler wants to do everything his big brother does, so he has been showing lots of readiness signs ever since Caleb started potty-training. I decided to give it a try with him during Christmas break, but it kept getting put off due to busy schedules and illnesses. I finally got around to devoting some time to do "potty boot camp" with Tyler on New Year's Day. He's only 23 months, so I figured I'd introduce it to him but not push it too hard. He picked up on it all right away and has seriously blown me away! He's having a few accidents each day, but he's having way more successes. I wouldn't be surprised if he's potty-trained (day time... not at night) by his second birthday later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment