It’s been a while since I posted a “Five Minute Friday”,
because it seems a free five minutes can be hard to find some days. So I’m
going to do a super quick “one minute Monday” just to share a few things that
are on my mind.
-
Our pastor is out of town this month, so we’re
having some guest preachers each week. Senator James Lankford (a member of our
church) preached the past two Sundays on the topic of stress. He spoke about
Jesus’ time at the Last Supper as he prepared himself and his disciples for his
eventual death. Both sermons were so good. I wish I could tell you more about
what he said and what I learned, but the clock’s ticking. You can listen to the
sermons here. http://qsbc.org/resources/sermons/
-
-
Caleb had his thyroid levels checked last week.
He has a history of “dysfunctional thyroid”, which means his TSH and T4 levels don’t
seem to be in sync. This time, his TSH was elevated but his T4 was totally
fine. There seems to be some confusion about whether or not to treat it. He has
taken Synthroid for periods of time twice and has been off of medication for
the last year. We’re going to recheck his labs next month and then figure out
if we need to start treating it again. I would love to avoid having him on a
daily Rx, but we’ll do it if we need to. In the meantime, I’m researching ways
to help those thyroid levels naturally. We already avoid soy products, because
we’ve been told soy can negatively affect thyroid function.
I typed quickly and still went over my one minute… oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment