FYI: I wrote the post below shortly before Moore & south OKC were hit by a large tornado this afternoon. Hundreds of families lost their homes and places of business. At least 24 people have lost their lives, and I expect that count to rise in the hours and days to come. Please pray for those affected. The Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma is accepting donations on behalf of the BGCO, and you can designate that your donation be used for disaster relief. https://20413.thankyou4caring.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=380
__________
Good news! We were not in Edmond during the tornado yesterday afternoon! It was several miles northeast of our house anyway.Bad news. We were in Shawnee when a different tornado went through there, though. We took shelter in a storm cellar at Brad's uncle's business, which is about three miles from Brad's parents' house. The tornado passed between the business and the house. There were nine adults, three dogs, and Caleb in the shelter. Our car has some hail damage, but we are fine. There was significant damage not far from us, and I've heard that at least two people died. My heart goes out to all those affected by the storms.
Caleb stayed so calm during the storm.
Brad's cousin and mom were checking outside and on phones to make sure we were safe to leave the cellar.
The woman in red is from Nebraska and was driving down Hwy 177 on her way to visit friends in Sulphur, OK. She saw people pulling in to the business and followed them in, hoping that they might have a place that she and her dog could take shelter.
This was Brad's and Caleb's first time riding out a tornado in a storm cellar. Let's hope it's their first and only. It wasn't my first time, but this tornado was probably the closest that I've ever experienced.
This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
He is my God; and I trust Him. Psalm 91:2 (NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment