Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Back to Tummy and Hand Foot & Mouth

After weeks and weeks (and weeks and weeks...) of practice, Caleb is finally consistently rolling from his back to his tummy! He's been doing this every now and then (like once or twice a week) for a while, but he has rolled over 30+ times today! We are so excited and proud of him!



And Caleb is doing all of that rolling over while dealing with his first virus. He had a low-grade fever a couple days ago (99.6) and was very fussy. I figured that he was probably teething. The fever went away yesterday morning, and I thought we were good. Still no teeth, but at least he was in a good mood. And then as I was changing him out of his pajamas this morning, I discovered a rash covering his body. Fortunately, we already had his nine-month well check scheduled for today. His pedi said that he has "hand foot & mouth disease". For any other first-time mamas out there who don't know what it is, it's just a virus that should go away in a few days. I did cancel his OT and PT appointments for the rest of the week, just in case he's still contagious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment