Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Busy Weekend

What a fun and busy weekend we had!

Brad and seven of his friends formed two teams for the 10th Annual Jacob's Buddies Golf Tournament on Saturday morning. This golf tournament was started by the grandparents of a boy named Jacob. He has Down syndrome, and the golf tournament is a fundraiser for the Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma. Brad won "longest drive", and his prize was a new putter. A couple of our friends won raffle prizes, too!





Caleb and Jacob's grandmother

We met some friends for dinner on Saturday evening. Everyone was decked out in Thunder gear for Game 4 against the Memphis Grizzles.




Brad watched the game at our friends' house, and Caleb and I went home. I watched the first quarter of the game and then went to bed, because I had an early morning the next day.

I woke up at 4:45 Sunday morning to prep for my half marathon. Brad got up around 5:20, and we tried to move Caleb from his bed to his car seat without waking them, but that didn't work so well. They dropped me off downtown at about 6:00, and they went to park near the 3 mile mark on the course. Some storms were moving into OKC, so the start time got pushed back from 6:30 to 7:00... and then 7:15... and then 8:00... and then we finally got started at 8:20. I felt great for most of the run and was on pace for a sub-2:15, but the last three miles absolutely killed me! I ended up finishing at 2:19:30. 4:30 behind my goal time. Oh well. I did improve on my time from my first half marathon last fall, so I'm glad about that. I'm definitely a faster runner than I was just a few months ago, so hopefully I'll continue to improve... and maybe I'll finally beat 2:15 whenever I run my next half marathon.




Per the surgeon's instructions, I removed Caleb's bandage Sunday afternoon. He still has several scabs and stitches, but his fingers are looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment