Monday, May 19, 2014

Ear Infection

Well, getting Caleb's tubes procedure is top priority for me now! Caleb got his first ear infection on Friday. He was a restless sleeper last Thursday night and then was very sleepy before and at MDO on Friday. He fell asleep very early on Friday evening and woke up at about 1:00 early Saturday morning with 102 fever. After a dose of Tylenol, he slept the rest of the night. I took him to the pediatric after hours clinic Saturday morning, and the pediatrician said he had an ear infection. I suspected that he might, so I had already started him on the ear drops that the ENT gave us to use as needed. The pediatrician prescribed an oral antibiotic and told me to continue with the ear drops and Tylenol. Caleb felt pretty lousy on Saturday, was a little better on Sunday, and seemed back to his normal self this morning. About an hour after getting home from MDO, he started fussing and his temp started going up. I feel bad that I sent him to MDO today, but he seemed fine and hadn't had a fever for over 24 hours. Maybe a good night of sleep and a day at home tomorrow will help.

I got a call from the ENT's scheduler this morning with a tentative procedure date of June 18th. It can't come soon enough!

My poor little guy at the after hours clinic on Saturday

We did lots of this on Saturday and Sunday. I hated that he was sick, but I loved the snuggles... and I cleared out my DVR.


1 comment: