I want to share with you two recent blog posts from our friend, Ashley. She is mom to Finn and Paisley and wife to Joey. Brad went to college with Ashley and Joey. I met Finn and and Joey at a graduation party for a mutual friend while I was pregnant with Caleb. Meeting them is one of a couple moments I recall during my pregnancy that I think God was preparing me for the "special needs parenting" journey we unknowingly had ahead. I remember watching Joey be the most amazing dad to Baby Finn. And I also remember thinking "I bet that's so hard. There's no way I could do that."
Fast forward a few months and they were one of the first to visit us while Caleb was in the NICU. They brought us a meal. They listened to our worries/concerns, shared advice, cried and prayed with us. We don't see each other often since we live a few hours apart, but I always enjoy reading her blog. I've learned so much from her, and I hope you will too!
https://ourinvinciblesummers.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/how-to-treat-kids-who-are-different-part-i/
https://ourinvinciblesummers.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/how-to-treat-kids-who-are-different-part-ii/
No comments:
Post a Comment