Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Two more days

Brad, Caleb and I are heading to Dallas this afternoon. Caleb has a full day of pre-op activities tomorrow, and then the surgery is scheduled for 7:30am on Friday. We've been told that the surgery should take about four hours.

Brad and I ask for your prayers as we prepare for Caleb's surgery. Please pray for Caleb's surgeon and his team. And please pray for travel safety for us and our family. As I mentioned, we will be going to Dallas later today. Our families are driving on Thursday and Friday.

My plan is to post periodic updates here, so check back for any new news. If you're on Twitter, you can follow Brad (BJohnson_72), me (SJohnson8108), and/or check #CalebDrew.

If you want to know more about Caleb's heart defect, check out the following websites. They can probably answer your questions better than me. But, of course, feel free to post any questions in the comments below. I'll do my best to answer them!

Stanford - AV Canal info
http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/cardiac/avc.html

Cincinnati Childrens - AV Canal info
http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/health/a/avsd/

Thanks so much for all the thoughts, prayers, and support. When Caleb was born three months and four days ago, we were told this surgery would happen in 3-6 months. It's hard to believe the time has finally come. We're thankful that the surgery is happening closer to the three month mark, rather than the six month mark. We're ready to get it behind us and move forward.

2 comments: