While I was doing laundry Saturday evening, Caleb was playing in his crib. All of a sudden, he started screaming. I ran to his nursery and discovered that he had pulled his nasal cannula (oxygen) off and pulled his NG tube about 3/4 of the way out. The tube was due to be changed soon anyway, so I pulled it the rest of the way. The cardiology PA told us that if Caleb ever pulled the tube out, we should leave it out for a few feedings and see how he does. So yesterday was our first full day without a tube. I kept a record of how much he ate through the day, and he took 76.9% of his daily goal! That's not too bad, considering that he has been taking about 60-65% from the bottle and 35-40% through the tube. He's on track to do even better today!
We've asked so many of you to pray that Caleb's feeding would improve, and I see that those prayers are being answered! Please continue to pray that he will progress toward reaching his daily goal and that we won't have to put a new tube in.
UPDATE: He took 90.7% of his goal on Monday, March 18th!
No comments:
Post a Comment