Brad, Caleb, and I recently traveled to San Antonio and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. It's a great family-friendly resort, right across the street from Sea World. Along with the hotel and a few on-site restaurants, there's a golf course, nature trail, and several pools. Brad didn't have an opportunity to play golf, but we did enjoy the pools. Caleb loved sitting in the shallow water and splashing his hands around. This is definitely a resort I would consider returning to when Caleb is a little older and when we'll enjoy the proximity to Sea World and other area attractions.
While we were in town, we took Caleb to the Alamo. I figured it would be good to teach him a little about his Texas roots. I didn't expect that Brad would quiz me so much about the Alamo and the Texas Revolution, though! I didn't remember much, but it's been a long time since 7th grade Texas history. I will brush up on all the details and make sure Caleb grows up learning that there's more to his family's history than just the Oklahoma Land Run.
The trip was a fun getaway, but our main purpose for going there was to take Caleb to a speech and language pathologist in nearby New Braunfels, TX. I will share more about that soon.
ooh i am VERY curios about your meeting with the speech pathologist!!!
ReplyDelete