Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Prairie Fire

I ran another half marathon! The day after I ran the OKC half marathon, I realized that the Prairie Fire springs half was coming up the next Sunday (May 4th). I debated back and forth about doing it for a couple days and decided last Wednesday evening to go for it. Brad, Caleb, and I went to Wichita, KS on Saturday afternoon. We checked into the hotel, picked up my race packet at the Expo, had dinner and then returned to the hotel in time to watch the Thunder beat the Grizzlies! After a good night's sleep, I woke up at 6:00 to get ready for the run. The half marathon started at 7:30. Our hotel was right at the start/finish line, so I didn't leave our room until just a few minutes before the start.

View from our hotel room of the start/finish and runners' village

Since I ran a half marathon the week before, I didn't want to push myself too much. I didn't worry about my time and just allowed myself to enjoy the run. Temps were in the 60s when I started and in the 70s when I finished. Sounds nice, but that's hot for a runner! Between dealing with the heat and just being tired from the week before (and a potty break at mile 6), I ended up finishing in 2:23. So... two half marathons in eight days. Three in seven months. I think I've officially been bitten by the running bug. And I need a pedicure.

After the run. Caleb was more interested in my medal than smiling for the photo

2 comments: