Saturday, February 2, 2013

Recovery Day #1

Since Caleb was still sedated last night, Brad and I both took the opportunity to get some good rest at the hotel. We arrived at the hospital bright and early this morning to be there before the surgeon made rounds. Caleb was taken off the ventilator, and the breathing tube was removed. His Foley catheter was removed this morning, as well. He awoke several times throughout the day but didn't stay awake long. He has received some pain medicine and anxiety medicine as needed. He has started drinking Pedialyte from a bottle, and I hope that we can start regular bottle feedings soon. Overall, I think it's been a pretty good day.

Brad and I left the hospital for a few hours this afternoon. We went for a run and then had a nice dinner at the hotel with our families. My mom and I are staying at the hospital with Caleb tonight, and Brad is going to get a good night's sleep at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment