Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ronald McDonald House & a Caleb update

I spent last night at Ronald McDonald House - Dallas . I'm so thankful for such nice, affordable accommodations so near to the hospital.

Caleb had a good day yesterday. Shortly after midnight, he started taking bottles. He did well with them all day. He was much more alert, but had to get some pain/anxiety medicine every now and then. He had a fever early yesterday morning, and we have to wait 48 hours for blood cultures to see if there's an infection. The fever broke and hasn't returned, so I don't think we have much to worry about with that.

Brad stayed with Caleb last night. I haven't talked to him yet, but I'll hear about how the night went soon. Today potentially could be a big day. I was told yesterday that Caleb's chest tubes might get removed today! If so, we might get to hold him! I hope so! It's been three days since I've held my little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment