Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ronald McDonald House donations

As I was getting ready for bed my first night at Ronald McDonald House, I realized that I didn't have my toothbrush and toothpaste. We had moved that day from a hotel, so I figured I must have left them there. Fortunately, the Ronald McDonald House has a closet stocked with toiletries, paper products, and other essentials. From the closet, I was able to get a toothbrush and toothpaste. Since that night, I've been thinking about how glad I was that someone had donated those items I needed. Another family may get "home" after spending a long day at the hospital and then realize they need a tube of toothpaste. I want to pay it forward, and maybe you can help!

Please consider making a donation to the Ronald McDonald House in your area. Both the Dallas house and the OKC house have wish lists on their websites.

RMH Dallas Wish List

RMH OKC Wish List

If there's not a Ronald McDonald House near you, there might be a hospitality house in need of donations. For my family and friends in the Wichita Falls, TX area, consider donating to the Rathgeber Hospitality House.

Rathgeber Wish List

I'm sure they will be grateful for any donations, large or small. While I can't thank the person who provided the toothbrush and toothpaste for me, I can thank you for helping me pay it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment